A few days ago I had the pleasure of reading an eARC of The Bad Boy Bargain and it was such an adorable read! I absolutely loved it! You can read my review of The Bad Boy Bargain, here. Without further ado, I present you the…
Welcome to my little blog! I am so glad to have you here today.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart for 21 years, we have two teenagers, I love chocolate, I serve four spoiled cats, and I love words.
2. Describe The Bad Boy Bargain in not more than 140 words.
Good girl seeks bad boy to enact revenge on her nasty ex.
3. Do you prefer absolute silence while writing or do you usually have a playlist? If yes, would you mind sharing a few songs from your playlist for The Bad Boy Bargain?
I always have a playlist for each of my books. I need the music to set the tone. Some of the songs for Faith and Kyle include:
1. “The Fall” by Imagine Dragons
2. “Please” by Sawyer Fredericks
3. “Cecilia and the Sattelite” by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
4. “Renegades” by X Ambassadors
5. “People Will Say We’re in Love” from Oklahoma, Rogers and Hammerstein
6. “Up&Up” by Coldplay
7. “Something” by The Beatles
8. “Captain” by Dave Mathews Band
9. “Fade Into You” by Mazzy Star
10. “Beautiful” by Moby
11. “Burning Bridges” by One Republic
12. “Who Are You, Really?” by MikkyEkko
13. “How Do You Like Me Now?” by The Heavy
14. “How Soon Is Now?” by The Smiths
15. “Feel Again” by One Republic
4. What is your dream cast for this book?
Wow, that’s a tough one. I can see Elle Fanning as Faith. She has that sweetness to her. A young Colton Haynes would be perfect for Kyle (like six or seven years ago).
5. What was the most fun part to write in The Bad Boy Bargain?
I think the banter between Faith and Kyle was my favorite. They riff off each other, and fun conversations ensue. Plus the “save the day” theater at the end always makes me smile.
6. What is the thing you love the most about writing?
The act of creating a world that wasn’t there before. It’s a huge stress reliever for me, actually.
7. What is your advice for aspiring writers?
Read everything you can, especially in your own genre. Find a good critique group of experienced writers. Take it slow—don’t rush a piece into the world because once it’s there, it can’t be taken back. Most of all, (and this was the advice I received from Laurie Halse Anderson once) DON’T QUIT.
It was great having you on my blog today! Thank you so much and I wish you much success in the future.
Thanks so much for having me!!
Title: The Bad Boy Bargain
Author: Kendra C. Highley
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, [Young-Adult]
Published: November 14, 2016 by Entangled Teen Crush
Kendra C. Highley lives in north Texas with her husband and two children. She also serves as staff to four self-important and high-powered cats. This, according to the cats, is her most important job. She believes in everyday magic, extraordinary love stories, and the restorative powers of dark chocolate.
• $25 Amazon gift card, a paperback copy of Defying Gravity, and bookmarks from Finding Perfect, Defying Gravity, and The Bad Boy Bargain (US ONLY), ends November 11, 2016
Soo guys, I hope you enjoyed the interview!
Have you started this book yet? If yes, did you like it? And if not yet, then are you interested in reading it? Share your thoughts with me!