Howdy there people! How have you all been doing?
Another month passed away so soon! Didn’t the year just start… and it’s already running away. Sooo much happened during this month but I’ll get to them later. First. let’s dive into all the bookish posts of this month.
Book I’ve Read this Month (Link to Goodreads)-
1. The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry– This was a cozy mystery book that I enjoyed reading though the ending was fairly underwhelming.
2. Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers– I loooved Tone Deaf! It was such a great read and it was pretty diverse, it dealt with the deal culture and the LGBTQ characters. Overall, it was quite enjoyable and it has definitely made it’s way to my favourite list.
3. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi– Finally a book that dealt with Indian folklore and it was a retelling of a Greek mythology. It was definitely a different read and one that I quite enjoyed though it had a fair share of flaws.
4. Our Last Time by Cristy Marie Poplin– I liked this book but I wanted to see more of the main characters and how their relationship developed but we only got to see it’s beginning.
5. Saven: Denial by Siobhan Davis– This novella should be read after book 2 in the Saven series. I have to say, this series is getting more and more interesting as it’s proceeding and so many shocking truths were revealed in this book. I can’t wait to read the next one!
6. Chased (Part 1 & 2) by Piper Lawson– I loved this two part series, it had romance, it had mystery, it was fast paced and it contained some good action. All in all, I’m satisfied!
7. Under the Trees by Ashley Maker– Oh, I had such high hopes for this one but it turned out a disappointment. Nothing much happened throughout the entire book and I couldn’t connect with the characters much.
8. Supremacy by Christin Lee– This was an okay read, it had action and adventure but I had some issues with this book which prevented me from totally enjoying it.
9. Memories of a Broken Girl by Harley Maye– Another awesome read of the month! I completely fell in love with this book. The chemistry, the angst and the romance between the the main protagonists were absolutely perfect!
10. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare– I liked this book, so much was going on but the pace felt a little slow than the previous book but nonetheless I enjoyed it.
11. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare- I read this book all day today and finally finished it a couple of hours ago. But I have to admit one thing, The Infernal Devices trilogy didn’t completely blew me away as I thought it would but overall it was a pretty good read. The ending of this book was bittersweet but I liked it. I would discuss more in details when I write the review for this series.
Books I’ve Reviewed this Month (Link to my reviews)-
Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers
Memories of a Broken Girl by Harley Maye
The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry
Ghetto by M.L. Sparrow
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
Saven: Denial by Siobhan Davis
Our Last Time by Cristy Marie Poplin
Under the Trees by Ashley Maker
Supremacy by Christin Lee
I finally did some author interviews this month!! I was so freaking excited to do them considering this is my first time doing them plus they were so much fun! Here’s the list of interviews done in order-
- I’m finally moving on with my tags and awards stuff. It feels good! This month I did the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and the Summertime Madness Tag!
- In May’s edition of Daydreaming Discussions I confessed about the ten hyped books that I’ve yet to read but I already have them in my possession and the reasons why I haven’t read them yet.
- I was freaking interviewed by Becca @ Shihtzu Book Reviews!!! *excitement overloaded* Check it out guys! 😀
Thank God it was for books and Supernatural otherwise I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have survived. Life was still a mess in the beginning of this month, I was having a hard time with coming to terms with my decision. I haven’t shared anything personal… well that personal in this blog but you bookish people understand me the best (well I’m not considering my mom here). It’s something related with my studies. But I need to wait for something, the moment it comes out I’ll share about this personal stuff and my decision. But I have the admit the pain about the decision is a bit less now andI hope it remains that way.
Other than this fact, I had a mini exam on 25th which remained because the elections got in the way and it was the only pending exam of my last year of college. It was actually Environmental Studies, so we didn’t have much pressure. In fact it was fun, it was all mcqs, we completed the exam in 15 minutes whereas we had 2 hours of time! 😛
And I’ve been binge watching some shows that I’ve missed all these years as my dear dad blew off those channels so that I would focus more on my studies. Nonetheless, I completed watching season 1 of Once Upon a Time, season 1 and 2 of Supernatural. I’ve watched Supernatural until season 7 when my tv channel bade me goodbye. Nonetheless I thought it would be fun to watch from the beginning once again and it absolutely is! I’m in the middle of season 3 now! 🙂 Oh and I finally bought A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas which I’ll start now, then I’ll return to my Shadowhunter binge reading.
Aaaand it’s a wrap up!
See you people next month! Till then stay safe and stay bookish!
How was your month? Was it bookishly great or just meh? Leave your link for your monthly wrap up post and I’ll be sure to visit!