Howdy people! 😀
How are you guys doing? February is coming to an end as well, can you believe it? I am definitely more freaked out than anything because finals!!! In a month!!! OMG! Then my college would be over!!! I, for the love of God, still cannot believe it!!! *sighs*
Have you people noticed the amount of exclamation marks I use, practically in everything! Seriously!
Sooo… I tried controlling my reading habits this month but oh well! I failed once again, epically! Nonetheless moving forward…
Books I’ve Read this Month (Link to Goodreads):
1. Beyond the Stars by Stacy Wise- This was a good read, a bit clichéd but I enjoyed it nonetheless but the ending was rushed and that affected a bit of my rating.
2. Wrecked by Sherilee Gray- This book was pretty hot and I loved the chemistry between the characters.
3. Just a Few Inches by Tara St. Pierre- This was a fantastic read, at first I thought I was not going to like it as much but then this book completely blew me away. So many issues about body images and other problems in life were dealt sensitivity and positively. Must read for everybody!
4. Call Me, Maybeby Ellie Cahil- The plot was interesting but it didn’t manage to hold my attention throughout the book, nonetheless it was a nice read.
5. The Deal by Elle Kennedy- The NA lovers were raving about this book, so yeah I definitely had to pick it up and I’m glad I was not dissapointed. This was a pretty awsome read and I loved the characters.
6. To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise- I saw this book on someone’s blog as a Valentine’s Day recommendation and the blurb caught my attention so I immediately started it. Although I would have liked a bit more of communication between the characters but otherwise it was a great book which I immensely enjoyed.
7. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover- This is my second CoHo book that I’ve read and it managed to tear me apart. This book affected me so much emotionally and I was bawling my eyes out for most of the part and that love triangle was excruciating. So I stand by my word- Love triangles are more scarier than a zombie apocalypse.
8. Shatter Me series or The Juliette Chronicles by Tahereh Mafi (3 books + 2 novellas)- I thought I was going to start this series after my exams ended but you people just can’t stop raving about it so ultimately I gave up to temptation and read this series in a few days but unfortunately this series did not blow me away although I’m in love with Warner! I didn’t like the first book much because it seemed like a complete rip off of X-Men and Juliette had powers similar to Rogue but overall, it was a good read.
9. Ignited by Desni Dantone- This was an okay read but the plot was clichéd and it had a love triangle. I wish I hadn’t started this book despite knowing that fact.
10. Air Awakens by Elise Kova- I absolutely loved this book, it had action, adventure and a bit of romance. I loved the characters, their chemistry and the plot was obviously awsome!
11. Love Me, Love Me Not by Alyxandra Harvey- I didn’t like this book, not at all. It was mostly a confusing mess and I couldn’t connect with the plot or the characters, so unfortunately it was a dissapointing read.
12. How Willa Got Her Groove Back by Emily McKay- I think this is my first stepbrother romance read, this book was pretty good and I loved how it was executed. But I need more romance between Willa and Finn and there was barely a kiss. I have high expectation for the next book in this series.
13. Holding Court by K.C. Held- Definitely one of the best reads of 2016 so far! This book was totally hilarious, I couldn’t stop laughing. It was engaging from the start to the finish and the mystery aspect was a complete bonus.
14. Adorkable by Cookie O’Gorman- I have always wanted to read a book named Adorkable! 😛 And the blurb sounded interesting enough, so I grabbed the opportunity to read it. And I must say, this was such a cute and adorable read! I loved, loved the characters and I enjoyed the romantic aspect.
15. Elements of Chemistry: Attraction, Heat, Capture by Penny Reid- There was a time, I saw almost everyone reading this book at once. Finally I had the chance to pick it up. I’m currently reading the 3rd book and I’m enjoying it so far. I might finish this by tonight so I’m including it in this post.
16. How to Get Your Heart Broken by Rose Fall- I thought this was going to be a cute read but it’s okay so far. I actually don’t know what to feel about it, hopefully it’ll get better. I think I’ll finish this tomorrow so yep, I’m including this book this month as well.
Books I’ve Reviewed this Month (Link to my reviews):
Just a Few Inches by Tara St. Pierre
Wrecked by Sherilee Gray
Beyond the Stars by Stacy Wise
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (Plus movie review.)
Air Awakens by Elise Kova
How Willa Got Her Groove Back by Emily McKay
Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill
Ignited by Desni Dantone
Love Me, Love Me Not by Alyxandra Harvey
- I’m finally moving forward with my tags/awards, so this month I did Blogger Recognition Award & Fall Time Cozy Time Book Tag.
- In February’s edition of Daydreaming Discussions, I talked about the top 5 Romantic Tropes in order of my favourites.
- I posted a Guest Post by author R.P. Channing for the blog tour of Thirst: Blood of my Blood.
- I presented the wonderful cover reveal of Saven: Disclosure by Siobhan Davis which I’m soooo exited to read!
My visit to the Book Fair! –
Well, I had an immense amount of fun in the 40th International Kolkata Book Fair. It’s held for about 10-15 days once a year. I really wish it was held for more days though. Nonetheless, finally after a lot of planning and cancelling, me and one of my friend visited the fair on 5th February. There were sooooo many people and the place was huge! We couldn’t even do a complete tour before our time was up.
In the first hour, we spent searching for the English book stalls and finally when we got them, I was relieved. There were so many books to choose from, I couldn’t decide what to buy at first, then I saw the stall from Harper Collins and I sort of skipity skipped into it. I was confused between two books but then I finally settled for Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang.
Beside Harper Collins, we had the stall from Penguin. I sort of shrieked and ran into it. I was trying to find a copy of Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare but then of the helpers told that it’s out of stock but they have the complete box set of The Infernal Devices. Now, again I shrieked and started hopping and dancing. There were atleast more than five thousand people present in the fair, and more than 150 in that hall but surprisingly I figured I’m not much shy in the company of books. I politely disregarded all the smiles and stares coming my way and continued my hopping dance in the stall. Although the money was mine but after I confirmed from my mother that I could buy it, I didn’t waste a second. When I was going out of the stall I noticed, the guard, helpers and the other people in the cash counter were still smiling, I thought that was because they were happy to get something pricy sold but when I got home and narrated everything, my father told that it might be because of my goofy dance! 😛 Damn… that’s a possibility! XD
Nonetheless, I had a great day! Nothing much significant happened other than this. But this was a good month for me.
I hope I’ll be able to control my reading habits next month because seriously, I need to focus on my studies.
Aaaand it’s a wrap up!
See you guys in the next post! Till then stay safe and stay bookish! ❤
So, guys how did February treat you? Did you have an awsome bookish month or was it meh for you? Don’t forget to share your monthly wrap up post, I’ll be sure to visit!