Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do!
April 14: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books
1. “I’ll always say my prayers…and if God doesn’t answer them at once I shall know it’s because He’s planning something better for me.”
― Johanna Spyri, Heidi
2. “Leave something for someone but dont leave someone for something.”
— Enid Blyton [Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, book 10)]
3. “Our scars make us know that our past was for real.”
-Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
4. “Perhaps there could be no joy on this planet without an equal weight of pain to balance it out on some unknown scale.”
— Stephenie Meyer (The Host)
5. “You are old beyond your years Zoeybird. Believe in yourself and you will find a way. But remember darkness does not always equate to evil just like light does not always bring good.”
― P.C. Cast, Marked
6. “Coraline sighed, “You really don’t understand, do you? she said. “I don’t want whatever I want. Nobody does. Not really. What kind of fun would it be if I just got everything I ever wanted? Just like that, and it didn’t mean anything. What then?”
-Neil Gaiman, Coraline
7. “Some people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them,” I said.
“Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That’s what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”
— John Green (The Fault in Our Stars)
8. “The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he’d learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.”
— Cassandra Clare [City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)]
9. “The beauty of poetry is that it can mean different things to different people at different times.”
― Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil
10. “Stars hide your fires; let not light see my black and deep desires: The eyes wink at the hand; yet let that be which the eye fears, when it is done, to see.”
— William Shakespeare, Macbeth
Sooo, these are mine, I kinda forgot today was tuesday, so it’s a late post for me. Umm.. what about you guys? Tell me in the comments or leave your link below!