I was soo happy when I checked my mail in the morning and found out that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! You guys don’t know how much this means to me. A huge thanks to Analee of BookSnacks and Travelling In My Bookcase for nominating my little blog for the Liebster Award.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Link back to the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions given by the nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
Questions by Analee from BookSnacks –
1. What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation OR what is a book/series you would like to see as a movie?
I’m gonna answer both. My favourite book-to-film adaptation is Harry Potter and I would love to see the House of Night series (by P.C and Kristen Cast) to turn into a movie. It would be much more awsome if it actually turned into a tv series.
2. If you could jump into any bookish world, where would it be? Why?
I would love to jump into the world of witches and wizards, c’mon who wouldn’t want to live in the magical world of Hogwarts.
3. Who is your favourite author and why? (You can name more than one if you want.)
Dan Brown is my favourite author. I recently answered this here.
4. What is your most prized book?
I love all my books to death, equally. It would to unfair to them if I picked out just one.
5. What character from a book would you like to meet, and why?
Only one! ~puts on a cute pouty face~ There are so many characters that I would simply love to meet, this is officially one of the most difficult question on earth.
6. What is/are your favourite quote(s)?
There are too many.
Two of my favourites are-
“We all know art is not the truth.
Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth,
Atleast the truth that is given us to understand.”
Coraline sighed, “You really don’t understand, do you?” she said. “I don’t want whatever I want. Nobody does. Not really. What kind of fun would it be if I just got everything I ever wanted? Just like that, and it didn’t mean anything? What then?”
-Coraline by Neil Gaiman
7. What quality do you appreciate in a character?
I love when the characters are compassionate, they have an inner strength and when we can identify ourselves with them.
8. What are three books you can’t live without?
Really, only three? Okay, I’m gonna try, let’s see, umm.. Heidi by Johanna Spyri, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K.Rowling.
9. What places would you like to visit and why?
I haven’t actually got the chance to travel that much, I haven’t been out of my country ever. But I would love to visit Rome one day to see the beautiful scenario and architecture. I would also love to visit London and Paris. Basically I want to go on a world tour someday.
10. Who is someone you consider a hero?
I consider my parents as my heroes. They have always stood by me in every situation, loved me, guided me and they’ve made me what I am today.
11.What do you think are your best qualities?
I’m a good listener (but sometimes that’s a huge problem), and umm…I can sing!
Questions by Travelling In My Bookcase
1. What is your favourite quote and why?
I answered this in question 6 in the above section.
I simply love those quotes as they have a beautiful meaning.
2. If you could have a dinner party with any five celebrities who would they be?
Wow, dinner party. I would invite Taylor Swift, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hanks, Jackie Chan and Jet Li. (I’m a hugee action buff)
3. Where is your favourite place to go on Holiday, and why would you recommend it to to other?
Well, I love seaside, I usually visit Digha and anyone who loves water would definitely love this place.
4. What do you think makes a great blogger?
Hmm.. ~thinks hard~ When a blogger can present something to the audience/who are reading them and they can visualise it and understand the humour or serious aspects the blogger got while writing, I think that makes a great blogger. (I dunno if this made any sense or not. xD)
5. Starter or Dessert?
6. Which book character would you like to meet in real life?
Again, I can not choose, it is really, really difficult, give me 10 years or so for thinking, I might get to a conclusion…or not.
7. If you had to go to a fancy dress party who would you go as?
(Yush, I’m also a crazy PLL fan!)
8. If you could time travel would you go to the future or the past?
Difficult, very difficult. I don’t think I want to go to the future, I want to grow, learn as I go but I think if I had an option I would visit the past to rectify some of the mistakes I had done and might give somebody a tight slap.
9. What is your favourite board game?
I love playing ludo and Chinese checker.
10. If you were on a desert island and could only ring one person to save you who would it be?
My mommy dearest.
11. Who is your favourite animated character?
Noddy. Eeeh..I loved this character so much. I used to watch Make Way for Noddy as a kid and it was my pretty favourite.
My nominations are (in no particular order):
- Head In The Cloud, Heart In The Books
- Socially Awkward Bookworm
- but first, books
- Books and Other Stuff
- Infinite Booooks
- Pages to Pictures
- Short Story Long
- The Book Boulevard
- Musings Of A Reading Mind
I have not checked that you guys have received this award or not. You can choose to ignore it if you have gotten this before or you can do this again for fun! It’s entirely upto you.
My questions are:
1. How long have you been a reader?
2. Suppose you have a wide list of choice, how are you gonna pick which book to read?
3. Any recent favourite adorkable character?
4. Where do you like to buy books?
5. What is your worst bookish habit?
6. Do you wait for the paperback or grab the hardcover?
7. What’s your hobby beside reading?
8. Do you watch any tv shows? If yes, what are your favourite ships?
9. What gift did you get on your last birthday?
10. Which flavour do you love the most?
11. What are you passionate about?
So, this was fun. I’m so glad I got this award. Don’t forget to check out all the wonderful blogs and have a great day/night everybody. 🙂